Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Style Inspiration: Florence Welch

Wow, it's been too long. Not that anyone is really reading this blog anyway, but I've majorly procrastinated on posting... I mean, I think it's been months. Anyway, was planning on doing a post about a crinoline I just finished, but that will wait for tomorrow (cross my fingers.) Anyway, here are some beautiful pics of one of my favorite musicians: Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine. Her music is beautiful, but I think her style is even more so- it's really 70's and glamorous and her bright red hair just adds to the whole image. I think what I like most about her is her imperfection. She is beautiful, but never tries to look too put together. When she's wearing makeup, it's to make a statement, not to hide something. Her hair's often disheveled and natural. Her clothes may not always have the perfect fit, maybe because they're thrifted or vintage. These details aren't flaws, though; they're fascinating,and to me, they're what makes a person "stylish" as opposed to traditionaly "pretty" or "fashionable". Enjoy!





1 comment: