Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Homecoming Dress

So it's not done. But it's very close; it needs a hook and eye added, the straps need to be taken in a tad, and the invisible zipper is not quite so, umm, invisible in one spot. But I'm happy. I've been working hard, not procrastinating that much for about the last week, and this is definately the most professional-looking garment I've ever made. Plus, I'm just in love with the fabric. The way it flows from dark to light let me add an extra level of detail to the dress, by cutting out the pieces just so.

Let's just... umm.. not talk about my face, which I'm covering so you can't see the lack of makeup and the disheveled, I-just-spent-3-hours-sewing hair. Anyway. More pics when it's really done, but for now, I'm happy, and the rest can wait till tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. O i love it!! great work. man, I need to get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete