Friday, July 2, 2010

In the Garden

This skirt used to be almost floor length- I bought it at Goodwill in some wierd state of mind that I would look good in a skirt skimming my ankles. Well, it sat in my closet (of course), and I suddenly had this mental image of what it would look like with  a peplum- so I chopped off the bottom nine inches, hemmed it, and re-sewed the extra fabric onto the top. It's only in the front, though- there wasn't enough to do it all the way around. Whole project took about an hour.

I didn't even wear this today. Working 5-6 days a week means I'm normally in my Sonic atire, because when I get home from work I normally watch movies with my friends at home. No attractive outfits reqired. I actually made this skirt a couple of weeks ago, just didn't get around to posting it.

My little sister has a garden- she's growing peas, zucchini, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some other stuff I forgot.
That's her checking something out. I absolutely can't wait to have some fresh produce to cook with....

A duck watching over tomatoes.

Mint growing in our stock tank- it's taken over really fast. I don't actually know what to do with it....

Unripe zucchini.

Unripe tomatoes.

Zucchini blossoms. Summer's so beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment